206 Main Street 

Mannington, WV 26582


Phone:  304-986-2700 or

City Hall's office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. weekdays. A night slot is located outside of the main door for anyone wishing to make payments after hours.

City Information: 


Exceeded Maximum Contaminant Level (MCL) for Haloacetic Acids


Our water system recently violated a drinking water standard. Although this is not an emergency, you, as our customers have the right to know what happened, what you should do, and what we are doing to correct the situation.

We routinely monitor for the presence of drinking water contaminants. Test results for 4/1/2018 and 6/30/2018 show that our system exceeds the standard or maximum contaminant level (MCLj for Haloacetic Acids.

The average level of Haloacetic Acids over the last four quarters was 70.0µg/L. The standard for Haloacetic Acids is 60.0µg/L.

What should I do?

You do not need to use an alternative (e.g. bottled) water supply. However, if you have specific health concerns, it is recommended you consult with your doctor.

What does this mean?

This is not an immediate risk. If it had been, you would have been notified immediately. However, some people who drink water containing Haloacetic acids in excess of the MCL over many years may have an increased risk of getting cancer.

What happened? What is being done?

The City of Mannington's 4th quarter average for Haloacetic Acids exceeded the MCL of 60.0µg/L. Our level was 70.0µg/L. The City of Mannington has worked diligently to try to meet the MCL by flushing lines and lowering tanks to circulate water. The City of Mannington, the City of Fairmont Water  Department, Mannington PSD, Downs PSD and the Health Department will be meeting to discuss how to remedy the issue. For more information, please contact Ted Nice at 304-365-3733 or at 206 Main Street, Mannington, WV 26582

Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.

This notice is being sent to you by the CITY OF MANNINGTON WATER DEPARTMENT

State Water System ID#: WV3302513                                        Date Distributed: August 8. 2018


                  Follow us on Facebook !   

                Follow us on Facebook!


2016 City ordinances

Codified City Ordinances of the City of Mannington, West Virginia



      Contractor's License

Per Mannington's ordinances, no person shall engage in the business of contracting without first securing a license from the city and paying the license taxes specified.

Building Permits

Whether you're a do-it-yourselfer, or a professional contractor, at least one week prior to the start of any construction, a building permit must be obtained from the office of the code enforcement officer for any type of remodeling, additions, etc., except for minor repairs and painting. Our code enforcement officer is Anthony Horton and he can be reached at 304-365-1408 or 304-986-2700 ext 178.

Business Licenses

The municipal business license application for the City of Mannington can be obtained at the City Clerk's Office at City Hall, 206 Main Street in Mannington or by clicking on one of the two links here. For information about license fees, call the clerk's office at 304-986-2700 ext 177.


Important phone numbers

  • City Hall 304-986-2700
  • Mannington Sewer Plant 304-986-3394
  • Mannington Main Street 304-986-2037
  • Post Office 304-986-1280
  • Library 304-986-2803
  • Mannington Refuse 304-986-3508
  • Mannington Park & Pool 304-986-3168
  • North Marion Senior Center 304-986-1792
  • Comcast (TV cable) 304-292-6578
  • West Augusta Historical Museum 304-986-1252
  • Marion County Humane Society 304-366-5391
  • State Road Garage (Mannington) 304-986-2600